Well, needless to say, this book came up recently and I had to read it. Through the Oakland library you can have access to TONS of digital books and since I have a Kindle, this has been a saving grace. You can browse for Ebooks, and specify Kindle books and then check them out just like a library book, but without leaving the comfort of your home. Whats more, you can check out audiobooks too and this has been my saving grace at work. My work has blocked streaming privleges but I can download audiobooks and listen to them while I work. I have loved being able to read/listen to so much more since combining the two and hope to get a lot more reading done this year compared with last year.
I love my hard copy books but I also love the convenience of the digital books. I also love that it is a "greener" alternative to producing books on paper (even though I usually only buy used books). Having digital books has also been helpful becase I have NO space in my hosue for exttra stuff and, lets face it, majority of my furniture through out my life has been books.
So that's my rant on digital books and I'll leave you with the quick review of my most recent read/rave!
If you're on Goodreads, add me as a friend! My profile is alivelycat.
http://www.goodreads.com/
Love it!!! Although I am sad you said the book club in a past tense :( YOU ARE STILL A MEMBER :)
ReplyDelete