I have decided I need an outlet for my crazy, mixed up life. The last few months have been anything but predictable what with the weather, financial struggles, the economy... and yes...the job market.
Tomorrow I head out on a three-month adventure to Madrid. I am doing a nine-week, intensive Spanish language program and hoping to come back fluent. The timing seemed right...finally. As sad as I am sitting here in my mom's house for the last few minutes before we head out, I am also insanely excited about what lies ahead.
In coming up with a name for my blog, I looked towards my roots. Catharsis is a Greek work which combines the Greek κάθαρσις meaning to "purge or clean". According to name-meanings.com my name, Catherine comes from the same Greek origin meaning "pure" so it seemed like a good fit.The second part... not so much (you can look it up and let me know what you think).
This blog will be my vessel to expel my thoughts and help me to cleanse my head and heart of my daily musings and ever-changing life experiences as I take Spain by storm.
Welcome to Blog World! I love your blog name, and I can't wait to see what else you write. : )
ReplyDeleteEstoy ilusionadisima por tu gran aventura y espero con anticipación tu regreso como persona bilingüe y multicultural.
ReplyDeleteYay! I can't wait to read all about your adventures!
ReplyDelete