Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today I learned...


- To walk on the shady side of the street











- To take time to sit in the park when it was too hot to move

Parque de Berlin spreads out about five hectares in the northeastern part of Madrid among the blocks of houses in the Chamartin district.



Fuente Principal (The Main Fountain) that was constructed to commemorate the demolition of the Berlin Wall with three original pieces of wall set in the fountain.  (I only photographed two of them)

Parque de Berlin was inaugurated in 1967 and is entirely dedicated to the German capital.


- How to order and then enjoy a cafe con leche and a churro



- That eating out one gets a daily dose of flattery and compliments 

The barrista must have called me 'guapa' at least 6 times!




- That for each item on your shopping list, you need to go to a different store 

Today I visited the:
  • Papeleria, for a Birthday card for my cousin and a notebook
  • Tienda de Revistas, for a 10 trip metro pas
  • Mercado, for groceries


    - How to slyly take money out of an ATM
      Thanks to my mom I now know how to cover up the keypad when I type in my pin. Fraud is no joke! 


      I had a fantastic day tripping around the city and getting lost in winding streets. My feet are still swollen from the flight but hopefully they will be better by tomorrow so I can hit the pavement again. Tonight is my cousin's birthday and my aunt made a cake (without an oven) out of cookies, chocolate and milk. Laura and Mom, you know what this is, right? My family doesn't let the lack of real kitchen stand in their way of celebrating! 

      1 comment:

      1. Wow you're already learning a lot and you haven't even started school yet! I bet you're getting hit on like crazy by the españoles...
        I´m jealous of your churro and that you get to eat Marijose´s cookie cake! Please pass on a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me!!!

        ReplyDelete