Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The night's not over 'til someone spills sangria

This is just a mini-post to let you know that all is well. I started my classes on Monday and so far, so good.

I never imagined how exhausting it is to learn a language! I am used to sitting through hours of lectures and being in class all day but this is so different! If you don't pay attention, even for a second, you get lost and then can't catch up or miss your cue to participate.

There are two other girls in my class, one French and one Malaysaian. They are very sweet and I am looking forward to spending some more time with them.

Last night was the "noche de copas" and it was held at La Fontana de Oro - Sol - Madrid. I just did a review of it so I can remember places that I went when I get home. Hopefully that way, if other people want to go there they can have the review, the map and all the details in an accessible format. We'll see how many I can get around to reviewing.

Me (waaaay on the left) and the AIL Madrid group.
Jean shorts girl - spilled her sangria all over my lap. These things happen. 
La Fontana De Oro is the title of the first novel of Benito Pérez Galdós, published in 1870.
 La Fontana De Oro is the social gathering café of many of those that lived during the time when liberal writers got together to talk about politics. Benito Pérez Galdós was a regular and developed his novel there. 
I


Because I stayed out so late last night (left the bar at 130) I had plans to turn in early tonight. Given that it is 11:15 and the dinner that my uncle is preparing is still not ready... I don't see that happening. Maybe a siesta tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment