Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Slice of Spanish Media

Today in class we were discussing romance and doing a "Teen Vogue" type quiz on whether we were romantic or not. I got a score of 2 out of 10 which deemed me "Not Romantic". I think the testy was biased and slanted towards men as many of the questions were things that guys usually do for other girls. If I had scored much higher... I might have had to re-evaluate my psyche. For instance one of the questions was "have you ever sent flowers or chocolates to a romantic partner's work". No. I have not. But apparently in Spain it is common for girls to give guys flowers to show them that they care. Now I know.

I digress. After the debate we watched this supposedly famous video short by a Spanish director. He wrote, acted and directed it and enlisted the help of his parents and friends to star in it. I think only the curly-haired girl is a professional actress. It won or was nominated (it wasn't clear) for an Oscar. We watched it an analysed it. And now it is stuck in my head. Let me know what you think. :)

For those of you who would like to expand your understanding of the film, I have a few questions for you:
1. ¿Cuál es la relaciòn de la chica con el camarero mayor?
a. Ninguna, es la primera vez que acude al bar.
b. Ella le conoce de otras veces, pero él no a ella.
c. Ella es cliente habitual y el camarero la conoce.

2. ¿Qué es lo que le provoca una sonrisa al protagonista?
a. Su trabajo
b. La chica
c. El café y la tostada del desayuno.

3. ¿Cuál es la relación del protagonista con los clientes del bar?
a. Son amigos y quieren ayudarle a hablar con la chica.
b. Se ven obligados a colaborar con él porque están amenazados.
c. Le han preparando un sorpresa a la chica.

4. El protagonista se enfada con uno de los clientes porque...
a. No sable leer.
b. No ha insultado
c. Se niega a participar al principio porque tiene miedo

6. La intención final del protagonista es...
a. Cometer un crimen en el bar.
b. Declarar su amor a la chica
c. Atracar el bar y escapar con el botín.

















Answers:
c
b
b
b
c
c

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...can't say I really get it...what is the point? that if people didn't have their cell phones in public places...there might be spontaneous singalongs?!

    ReplyDelete